I have been a big hockey fan since I was a kid so naturally I am glad to see the season back in action. I must admit that this is usually the time of year when I start to pay less attention to hockey and start following my new-found love of NASCAR. Typically by now in the NHL season we know who the good teams are and bad ones are but it hasn’t really come down to the last few points for the bubble teams yet so I don’t mind missing a little hockey. Now that I watched Danica take the pole for Daytona I feel like I should be switching gears a bit and getting into the preseason NASCAR hype. But that’s just it. It is all hype right now. All these talks about off-season preparation and how well they expect their team to do. Last year I was pumped to see Carl Edwards on the pole for Daytona but all that did was lead to a disappointing season week in and week out. Don’t get me wrong I will still be watching Daytona and I am pretty much counting the days till I’m at the Vegas race but this year I don’t want to get too caught up in all the preseason hype and give the NHL it’s fair share of my attention. As I have been writing this post and thinking about my up coming trip to Vegas for a race it has dawned on me that I have been to three NASCAR races in the past two years and have been to a NHL game in almost five-year. I guess I better start planning a road trip…
Quick NHL Thoughts
- I’m an Avalanche fan so things are looking good
- Teemu Selanne is a stud and I love seeing him still doing so well
- Chicago is obviously going to be the team to beat in the West
- I am liking Boston in the East
- Vancouver needs to actually trade a goalie and not just talk about it. Speaking of that, Matt Barnaby purposed a trade on his podcast that I found intriguing. Luongo, Bieksa, and a good pick for Ovechkin. I would love to see this. I hate the Canucks but if this happened I would be an instant Vancouver fan.
- By the way Matt Barnaby’s podcast is great!
Quick NASCAR Thoughts
- Cool to see Danica on the pole. I hope for her sake she has a good year and shuts up all the critics. Bottom line she attracts fans and is good for the sport leave her alone and see how she does this year
- I have big hopes for the 99 team and Carl Edwards to turn things around.
- I’m not sure what to expect from Harvick. I’m a fan and am really looking forward to when he is running with Stewart but its gotta be strange to run all year with RCR knowing he is leaving